PROPOSED BASKETBALL RULES FOR ALL ISSSC EVENTS
- No travelling.
- No double dribbling.
- Fouled in the act of shooting equals 2 free throws.
- Only 5 personal fouls allowed.
- After 2 intentional fouls a player will be automaticly ejection from the game- (after an intentional foul is an automatic 2 free throws and possession from half court after an intentional foul)
- On the 5th team foul there’s 2 free throws rewarded for any additional foul in that quarter.(reset ever quarter)
- No full court pressing for under 14 until the 4th quarter
In the Senior B Teams in All Ireland Blitz for the full game ( 8 minutes)
- Other team must retreat to half way line after they have scored a basket
- Unlimited substitutions.
- 1 time out in the 1st 3quarters
- 2 time outs in the 4th
- In All Ireland Blitz 1 time out per team per 8 minute match
- Blocking – When a player uses their body position to prevent their opponent from advancing.
• Charging – When an offensive player runs into a defender who has an established position.
• Reaching In – When attempting to steal the basketball, the defender extends their arm and hand and makes contact with the ballhandler.